In this course we will cover:
- Trimming and levelling cakes for a stable and sharp finish
- How to make American Buttercream
- How to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- How to colour your buttercream and product recommendations
- Filling and stacking a cake with buttercreams, jams, curds and sauces
- Crumb coating your cakes
- Covering your cakes with Swiss Meringue Buttercream and achieving a smooth finish with sharp edges
- Creating your abstract design with a range of tools
- Application of edible gold leaf
- Flower selection, safety, care and preperation for use on cakes
- Arranging flowers & foliage on your cakes to create impact
You will take home:
- Your two beautifully decorated cakes (boxes will be provided)
- A list of recommended essential equipment, ingredients and products
- Written materials to guide you through specific skills at home
- Recommended reading, recipes and further skills
Please note you will not be baking the sponges during this one-day course, the sponges will be provided. This course is suitable for the keen home baker, as well as the more experienced baker looking to take their skills to the next level. Please get in touch if you have any concerns about your suitability for the course or any other questions.
One Day Private Tuition - Decorating & Design Masterclass (Buttercream)
In this intensive one-day course (09:30 - 15:00) you'll learn the foundations of great cake making and decorating with buttercream. The day will equip you with the skills to design and create your own beautiful, modern buttercream cakes at home for friends and family, or to take the next step in your own cake making business. Putting your creative twist on both, we will recreate two signature designs, the painted abstract cake and a floral design.
Once you have purchased your course you will received a confirmation email with further details, and we will be in touch to agree a mutually convenient date within 48 hours.
Please see below for detailed breakdown of skills covered.