In this course you will cover:
- Baking our signature indulgent Devil's Food Chocolate Cake
- Baking a light and tangy Lemon Drizzle Cake with Lemon Curd
- Baking sugar cookies, a perfect wedding favour or item for gift boxes
- Tips & tricks for great flavouring and combinations
- Creating fondant toppers for your sugar cookies using a variety of tools & techniques
- How to make American Buttercream
- How to make Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- How to colour your buttercream and product recommendations
- Filling and stacking a cake with buttercreams, jams, curds and sauces
- Crumb coating your cakes
- Covering your cakes with Swiss Meringue Buttercream and achieving a smooth finish with sharp edges
- Creating your abstract design with a range of tools
- Application of edible gold leaf
- Flower selection, safety, care and preperation for use on cakes
- Arranging flowers & foliage on your cakes to create impact
You will take home:
- The recipes for the Devil's Food Chocolate cake and the Lemon with Lemon Curd cake made during the class
- Your two beautifully decorated cakes (boxes will be provided)
- A box of your fondant-topped sugar cookies
- A list of recommended essential equipment, ingredients and products
- Written materials to guide you through specific skills at home
- Recommended reading, recipes and further skills
This course is suitable for the keen home baker as well as the more experienced baker looking to take their baking to the next leve. Please get in touch if you have any concerns about your suitability for the course or any other questions.
Two Day Private Tuition - Baking, Decorating & Design Masterclass (Buttercream)
In this two-day course (09:30 - 15:00 both days), we will cover the end-to-end process of making a beautifully designed and executed cake. As well as covering the content of the one day design & decorating masterclass, you will also cover the fundamentals of baking sponges and fondant-topped sugar cookies (a perfect wedding favour or treat).
Once you have purchased your course you will received a confirmation email with further details, and we will be in touch to agree a mutually convenient date within 48 hours.
Please see below for detailed breakdown of skills covered.